27.3.10

Arbor Brewing Company


Red Snapper Amber Ale
  • Red Snapper Amber Ale -  Hazy bronze color with an ever changing variety of designs being left behind in the lace on the sides of my glass so that I can hope to find baby Jesus or the reknowned virgin Mary Christ and then auction my glass on ebay and get rich.  Fresh fruity, floral and roasted maltiness on the nose.  Medium bodied and nicely hopped  with a good malty counterbalance. I can easily see why this is the house favorite.  Very good.  Very drinkable.  Thumbs and bottoms up! 4.7% ABV.

 
Pair of Sacred Cows
  • Sacred Cow Cask Conditioned IPA -  Served up with a beautiful creamy 1/4 inch head that clings to the side of the glass like spandex on a figure skater. Cloudy and thick looking golden brown. Weighs in at 6.9% ABV and 70 IBU. Plenty of floral hops bursting from the glass as I bring it to my nose.  Due to the cask conditioning it is not overly carbonated and has a smooth citrusy flavor with a lingering finish that is only mildly bitter. I saw plenty of these being served up to mug clubbers as well as the unwashed masses such as myself and I can understand why. This is a good beer and there's just something about watching a bartender work the handpull and the hypnotic dance of the swarm of bubbles in the glass as the head settles that just makes it all that much tastier.  Bitterness on the back end intensifies as it warms along with some malt sweetness and a little alcohol bite. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment